Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

5 Healthy Ingredients to Keep in Your Kitchen



Bulgur Wheat, Quinoa or Couscous
I use these ingredients to substitute rice or pasta in salads to add more protein into my diet. I will add lemon and some vegetables which makes a perfect healthy and filling lunch!


 Agave Nectar
This stuff is so good! I use it to sweeten pretty much everything from yogurt to tea. Agave nectar also has some great health benefits including immune system-boosting properties and is a low-glycemic sweetener, meaning it has a lower impact on blood sugar than honey and sugar does.  
Lemon
I use lemon to replace salad dressing and add flavour to my meals. When I have a cold or the flu I mix lemon and agave nectar in hot water which makes a great drink to soothe your throat and it makes you feel a million times better after drinking it! Lemons are high in vitamin C to boost your immune system and is also a digestive aid to help with weight loss.

Coconut Oil
I use this in cooking and baking to replace oil which is not only healthier for you but also adds a sweet taste to your baking. Coconut oil is found to improve bone health, aid digestion and is also great for your skin and hair.






Dark Chocolate
When I get a sweet tooth (which is more often than not) dark chocolate is what I turn to. I melt the chocolate and drizzle it over fruit or just simply snack on some dark chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is much better for you than milk or white so try and get chocolate with 70% Coco or more. However it is still high in sugar and fat so eating in moderation is best! Dark chocolate also has great health benefits with studies showing that a square of dark chocolate everyday reduced risks of heart attacks.

I would love to hear some of the healthy ingredients you keep in your kitchen!
xoxo

1 comment :

  1. interesting post, I keep lemon, dark chocolate and coconut oil. I will follow on bloglovin and Instagram, hopefully you will check my blog and will follow back. xoxo


    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete