Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

Loose Curls Tutorial for Long Hair

When I get bored of my usual straight, flat hair I always go for big, loose curls. These will last all day on my hair and you can refresh it the next day with some dry shampoo plus a few more curls to finish it off.



Step 1 
After getting out of the shower I towel dry my hair until it's still damp. Then I grab my Bumble and bumble surf spray and scrunch and spritz all throughout my hair (from the roots to the ends). This gives me some texture and makes the curls last longer.

Step 2 
I then blast the hairdryer through my hair so it's 100% dry (I dry it upside down for some extra volume). The surf spray will add a gritty texture to your hair which you will feel when it's dried. 



Step 3
Now I get my tangle teezer and brush out any knots before I get to curling. This will ensure the curls are smooth and bouncy later. 



Step 4
Time for the fun part. I use my Remington Pearl CI9532 Pro Curl Hair Styler (32 mm barrel) which gives me loose, soft waves. I go for the top heat of 210c which I know is certainly not the best for my hair, but it's hard enough trying to get it to hold a curl because of it's length! If you prefer tighter curls go for a smaller barrel and larger curls go for a bigger barrel. This is by far my favourite hair curler and I have tried a lot, possibly too much for one girl! 


Top tip
For longer lasting curls, I hold my hair on the barrel for about 15-20 seconds. Then when it's done I hold it in my hand until the curl has cooled down. 


Step 5
It usually takes my about 15 minutes to curl from start to finish. In this time I pop on an episode of Netflix or blast on my favourite songs, and depending if anyone is in the house I will sing at the top of my lungs! That's just what I do to pass the time anyway. So back to the hair.... After curling I will spray the Tigi Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray through my curls. This hairspray literally smells like apples and is never sticky or crunchy on my hair, so this is the one I usually go for.

Step 6
To add a bit more somethin-somthin to the hairstyle I spray some Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Backcomb In a Bottle in the roots and work it in with my fingers. Then I will give my hair a shake, mess it up with my fingers a bit and voila- loose curls for long hair.


xoxo

8 comments :

  1. You have gorgeous hair, it looks lovely like this!

    www.notanotherbeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair is so perfect! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your hair color, pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks lovely!!! You have beautiful hair
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! xxx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete