Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Bedroom Decor and Storage Ideas

I love moving, moving means I can redecorate and have a clear out. This is not to say that I still don't have a lot of useless things in my room, just less of it. Baby steps, right?
Having just gone into my second year at university this means a proper house, I now have much more space compared to the first year halls and everything looks a bit more homey. I thought I would share some of my ideas for storage and how I decorated.

 I wanted to have simple bedding but with a pop of colour, so I opted for complete white bedding and added some colour and pattern with the pillows and blanket. I recommend Debenhams for cushions and throws they have an excellent selection with good prices. My favourite cushions and throws are from Anthropologie, a bit more pricey but if you're prepared to splurge then this is where to do it!

If you're at university then you're going to want lots of pictures of friends and family from back home, as well as new pictures from university. Photo walls are my favourite way to show them, and one of the cheapest. All you need is a printer, print paper and blue/white tac. I went on Pinterest for some inspiration which you can see here. The great thing about these is you can add to the photo wall throughout the year. A tip to make sure the photos are straight, use the 'Levels' app on your iPhone for the first photo then you can use that as a guide for the rest.

   Mason jars are great for storage, they are super cheap. I got a set of three from Homebase for £9.99. I use these to store makeup brushes and pens, but you can also put candles, cotton buds, etc.

I also use these little white pots from Ikea to hold cotton pads and buds just to make everything look at bit nicer. The white ties in with my bedding and I love the cut outs on the pot. 

    I love these mini bowls to hold rings and earrings and it's easy to keep track of them. The days of only finding one earring in a pair are gone! You can find these anywhere, I have found some nice ones in Anthropologie but I got these from some independent shops in St Ives. 

I was trying to find somewhere to store my winter scarfs that didn't take up lots of clothes space. I was lucky and found these white crates on sale in Sainsbury's. I use these to store all my mess and random bits and it makes everything look a bit more organised. 

I hope you find these ideas useful and would love to hear your storage and decoration ideas!
xoxo
  



3 comments :

  1. Loved this post!! Pretty good ideas :) Really need to do something like that with my scarves!
    Anna x
    http://dropsofanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea on the photos of your family & friends on the wall! definitely going to do that for my room :)

    xoxo,
    Rasya / www.sevenoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything, it's so cute and really does add a homey touch to everything! Love the make-up brushes storage too….that's adorable! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete