Pages

Thursday 12 May 2016

Collective Beauty Haul

I love a good collective beauty haul, they are the main enabler of the multiple order confirmation emails I get from Cult Beauty and Space NK. Even though I am aware of the damage these posts do, I still very much enjoy reading them so I though I would do one myself. As this is a collective beauty haul I have tried all of these products so you will get a mini review in this post too! I hope you enjoy reading about these products and may this brings many confirmation emails your way 


I am going to introduce this collective haul with my favourite and most loved product in my collection now, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I have heard so many people rave on and on about this foundation but this is the first time ever trying this and boy, am I glad I did. The finish is so stunning with a medium but build-able coverage, I find with a lot of medium finishes they tend to look cakey but this one does nothing of the sort. A perfect foundation and look out for a full review soon!




This Morphe 12NB eyeshadow palette is one of the best in terms of value for its money, with twelve generous sized eyeshadows in beautiful, pigmented colours. I love the colour range, however the formula of some, but not all, of these shadows aren't my favourite. The lighter shades, specifically the first two lightest swatches, are slightly chalky if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, these eyeshadows are amazing for the money you are spending, but compared to others such as Lorac, MAC and Urban Decay, they don't give off that lovely buttery kind of feel to them. All in all I recommend this palette for the price and gorgeous shades they include but keep in mind the texture if you are a fan of the higher priced palettes.




I was lusting over the Becca Backlight Priming Filter and Cult Beauty temped me to a discounted set of 20% off with the Becca Correcting Eye Brightener, so of course I couldn't pass up the deal of both right? I will explain my thoughts on the Becca Backlight Priming Filter below but as for the corrector I didn't love using this for it's purpose, which was to mainly use under your concealer. I found it to be very creasing when used with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, and I never have a creasing problem with that concealer. Having said this I do make a use for this product on 'no makeup, makeup days', I use this for the only product under my eyes with a bit of tinted moisturiser and it creates a lovely bright completion and under eye area. If you want to get a bit more creative with this product, this is also a lovely creamy highlighter for the high points of the face. All in all, I wouldn't purchase this again but as I have it in my collection I am putting use to it.  




Now for the beautiful, luminous Becca Backlight Priming Filter. This stuff is amazing. There not really much else to say about it apart from that it gives a beautiful glow to the skin, one of those products that will subtly make a difference in your base. I haven't found this to extend or compromise wear time of foundations but it does create a lovely canvas to apply your makeup to. This can also be used to mix into any foundation that tends to make your skin a bit dull and will completely transform it. I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a bit of glow to your skin.




Lastly, the ever so lovely Estee Lauder EE Cream. I was very tempted by this product from reading ViviannaDoesMakeup talk about this in one of her videos, and naturally along with most things she reviews, I had to give this one a go. I love using this as a base on a good skin day or very minimal makeup days. I have heard about using this under makeup as a moisturiser base but would only recommend doing this for more matte finish foundations and possibly not with oily skin as it can all become a bit too much glow and result in a bit of oil face look. Overall I do love this product and it makes for beautiful moisturiser that gives your skin the perfect glow and tint.

No comments :

Post a Comment